This version requires Eclipse 4.x. For a version of jUCMNav that supports Eclipse 3.x, please use JUCMNav Release 540
- New jUCMNav metamodel with improved support of feature modeling, concern-oriented requirements engineering, and activity theory
- Better support for the creation of feature models
- Aggregate contributions in goal models
- Initial support for CoURN (Concern-Oriented User Requirements Notation)
- Reusable elements in feature/goal models of CoURN models
- Evaluation of goal and feature models with reused elements in a CoURN model
- Partial support for feature models in HTML/PDF/RTF reports
Better support for the creation of feature models
- not allow a contribution value of mandatory/optional link to be set
- not allow toggling between contribution and correlation for mandatory/optional links
- support toggling between optional and mandatory links
- only allow features and not goal model elements to be selected as a new definition in the property view of a feature
- provide an option in jUCMNav General Preferences whether to show contributions on mandatory and optional links
Aggregate contributions in goal models
- added the concept of aggregate contribution to goal models, applicable for the following strategies: quantitative, qualitative, mixed, and feature model
- added options to the context menu of a node in the goal model to enable aggregate contributions for the node, to disable aggregate contributions, or to show both aggregate and individual contribution (the node must fulfill the criteria for aggregate contributions: element must be decomposed and should be contributing to another element; aggregate contributions are shown after running the evaluation)
Initial support for CoURN (Concern-Oriented User Requirements Notation)
- allow a URN model to be designated as concern-oriented in the new file wizard (using metadata)
- automatically create a concern for such a URN model and do not allow to modify the concern or add another concerns (i.e., a Co URN? model is restricted to one concern)
- the name of the file determines the name of the concern as well as the root feature (automatically kept consistent)
- any diagram in such a URN model is automatically assigned to the concern
- show the name of the concern instead of URNspec in the hierarchical outline as well as "Reused Concerns" instead of "Concerns"
- do not show the "Concerns" outline
- new default Concern-oriented URN perspective for such a URN model
- automatic creation and identification of root feature
- prevent deletion of root feature
- prevent outgoing links for root feature
- visualization of feature model configuration issues in the problem view when the feature model evaluation algorithm is selected
Reusable elements in feature/goal models of CoURN models
- new Custom Common Navigator view as an alternative for the old navigator view
- navigate through the goal model, feature model, and scenario model definitions and select of one of the model elements
- drag the selected model element from one file (i.e., with the help of the Custom Common Navigator) to another file (i.e., the editor background), thus adding the reused element from the source model to the target model
- create a link reuse in a target model (either goal or feature model) to connect the reused element with an element in the target model (the reuse link always has a reused element as its source)
Evaluation of goal and feature models with reused elements in a CoURN model
- support evaluation of feature/goal models with reused elements (not yet recursively evaluated)
- properly set the contribution value of a reuse link to 100
- auto-select a reused elements
- not allow more than one reuse link to be created per feature/goal reference
- not allow a reused feature to be selected
- not allow a satisfaction value to be set for a reused goal model element
- not allow a contribution value of a reuse link in a feature model to be set
- not allow toggling between contribution and correlation for reuse links
- properly show the definition in the properties view of a reused element
- restrict changing the definition of a reused element through the properties view
Updated URN Metamodel
to this release included Jiaying Yang, Aprajita, Aldo Navea Pina, Gunter Mussbacher, Nishanth Thimmegowda, Amal Anda, Patrice Boulet, and Daniel Amyot.
- End-user documentation is integrated with the Eclipse help system.
Access Help > Help Contents from the Eclipse workbench, then select topic
jUCMNav Online Help.
- The latest user documentation can also be accessed via Help On Line
- NOTE: The user documentation has not yet been updated since 2014. This will be done as part of a future minor release.
Reporting Bugs / Usability Requests
- Send your bug reports to email@example.com.
- Include reproduction steps, sample .jucm files and, if applicable, copy-paste the error log messages.
- If you're zealous enough, we'll create a BugZilla account for you
Enhancements / Fixes since 6.0.0
|| Increased maximum number of columns for export to CVS from 12 to 10000
|| ASD must be optional in jUCMNav's metamodel
|| Null pointer exception in Feature Diagrams (advanced tab from Properties view now works with features)
|| Partial support for feature models in HTML reports, including feature diagram with new icon and strategies
| No bug
|| Type casting mistake in the handling of URN links
| No bug
|| Fixed an issue in the navigation of URN links for actor references
For enhancements and fixes since previous releases, please refer to the release notes of the Previous Releases
Known Issues in 7.0.0
- After a new installation, to use OCL semantic constraints and metrics, one needs to Restore Default Settings in both jUCMNav preference pages.
- in the .jucm files, references now use IDs rather than relative paths. New files won't be readable by jUCMNav 5.4.0 and older. Some older files that are saved may have a mix of IDs and path as references.
- MSC Viewer and user documentation only available in English (GUI, models and reports are however multi-lingual)
- When changing a few of the preferences, one must sometimes close & re-open a model for the change to have an impact on the editor.
- The UCM traversal mechanism does not take into consideration advanced stubs, failures, aspect-oriented extensions, and some other attributes.
- Aspect-oriented GRL is not yet supported.
- GRL belief links not yet handled by the features for creating/expanding diagrams
- Open bugs on Buzilla server
Downloading and Installation
Start your journey with the Downloading and Installation
-- Daniel Amyot
- 06 Sep 2016